Simple Gazpacho Recipe
We have more tomatoes than we know what to do with. Here is a great way to use them and taste the freshness from your garden or farmers market.
- Fresh mix of heirloom tomatoes, From your garden or farmers market, soft juicy tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Carrot
- Fresh Herbs (thyme, basil, whatever)
- A couple of scallions or some white onion (about a 1/4 onion)
- a few cloves of garlic
- 1 cucumber
- 1 stalk of celery
- As many spicy chili peppers as you like
- Handful of parsley or cilantro
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 glug of good olive oil
- A cap full of apple cider vinegar
- Celtic Salt
- A handful of ice cubes
- There is a simple rule of thumb I've heard stating that you use 3 parts tomato, 1 part other stuff. I was never one for rules, but that measure is about right generally speaking. I know the ingredient list sounds extensive, but honestly you can make this soup with just the tomatoes, lemon, and some chilies, just use what you have or feel like.
- Pack your blender with all the ingredients and liquify. Very simple, no brain damage.
- Pour into a nice size bowl and garnish with some avocado slices. I had some home made guac from earlier in the day that I spooned in for a unique touch.
- Gazpacho Factoid: Tomatoes contain carotenoids, a few being lycopene and beta-carotene. Carotenoids are antioxidants that are found in bright colored vegetables as well as fruit. Antioxidants play a key role in cleaning up free radicals in the blood system and from body tissues.
Fit and Happy Daily http://fitandhappydaily.com/