Happy Thanksgiving! | Easy Overnight Turkey or Chicken Stock
- 1 Quart organic bone broth
- 1 Quart organic turkey broth
- 1 Whole onion
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Bouquet of seasonal herbs
- 1 Turkey neck and parts (not the liver)
- 1 Nitrate free cured Ham Hock (optional)
- 2 Carrots
- Brown the Ham hock and Turkey parts evenly for a few minutes. Put these in the bottom of your crock pot. Add both quarts of broth. Quarter an onion. Chop the carrots into one inch nubs. Add both to crock pot along with a coarsley shopped shallot. Tie your herbs with kitchen twine. Set your crock pot to the low setting. Cover it and forget it for 12 hours overnight.
- What you end up with is an amazing broth that blows away anything that you can get out of a box or a can. This saves you the time from boiling a whole turkey or chicken to make soup.
- I'm using this broth for the liquid portion of my stuffing for this year's Thanksgiving and using it as the base for my gravy. You don't have to use it just for Thanksgiving. There are so many uses for a good broth. The Ham hock meat can be cleaned from the fat and used in stuffing as well for another layer of flavor.
- Since I'm using a Ham hock, I won't typically add much salt or ANY to the broth for cooking as the Ham hock is pretty well salted to begin with.
- Don't settle for broth out of a can or box, take it up a notch with this easy recipe!
How about doing a 5 Minute Workout?
(Videos are only displayed by viewing the article on our site…On a smartphone? You might need to click the video twice)
If you like this video, sign up here for a Free 7 Day Lifestyle Transformation!
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am not a doctor or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.