Easy sausage and peppers. It’s my favorite comfort food. And it’s so easy to make.
Easy Sausage & Peppers
Quick and easy comfort food!
Write a review
- 4 sausages - grass fed Italian or free range chicken or turkey, whatever you fancy
- 2 organic bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 can of organic tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 optional chili peppers or chili flakes (I like it spicy)
- 2 cups of dry white wine - Italian - Pinot Gris is good!
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Precook the sausage in the toaster oven (i have a Cuisinart Confection Oven) Cook until just brown
- Add some ghee (you can use olive oil, but it is not as healthy) to a sauce pan big enough for the dish, sweat the garlic, but do not brown (med heat)
- Add the sliced peppers and sweat these
- Add pepper flakes and thyme, stir it up
- Add the wine and turn up the heat and bring to a boil, once on the boil, turn the heat back down to med and reduce the wine in half.
- Add the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper
- Add the sausage, cover and turn to low, let's simmer for about 5 - 7 minutes
- Plate it kid! Make it look nice, maybe a cool pasta bowl or something like that.
- Your wife, husband or life partner will love you for this dish. Super paleo too!
Fit and Happy Daily http://fitandhappydaily.com/
Easy Sausage & Peppers from @adamseye on Instagram: http://ift.tt/1yiReyy