This beet and fennel salad is a contrast between sweet and acidic, and soft and crunchy.
Enjoy our beet and fennel salad as a side dish or even a lunchtime snack! This recipe is great for those of you who are vegan, vegetarian and paleo!
- 1 Beet
- 1 Bulb of Fennel
- Couple sprigs of Parsley
- Couple Shakes of Sesame Seeds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Couple Glugs of Olive Oil
- A Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- A cap full of apple cider vinegar.
- I'm not saying it in the ingredients, but you should be using organic ingredients.
- Slice the beets thin, I did about a quarter inch thick.
- Place them in a sauce pan and just cover with water.
- Steam until tender.
- Cut the fennel thinly on the bias and remove any hard heart. Separate everything nicely.
- Dress the fennel in a bowl with the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley, and sesame seeds.
- Add the warm sliced beets and toss everything together.
- You are now ready to plate!
- The sweetness of the beets is offset by the acid in the lemon and vinegar. The softness of the beets are offset by the crispness of the fennel. Opposition is the key to creative cooking! Enjoy:)
How about doing a 5 Minute Workout?
(Videos are only displayed by viewing the article on our site…On a smartphone? You might need to click the video twice)
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am not a doctor or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.