It’s time to stop counting calories and try something more realistic that actually works!
Throw your concept of counting calories out the door and consider this:
80% of your body composition goals can be achieved with Primal Nutrition. Stop counting calories, instead, focus on balancing your hormones to achieve optimal health and body composition. How do you do that? I will tell you!
To start balancing your hormones, try reducing your insulin production. Insulin is your Master Hormone! In my last article “Cutting Back On Carbs“, I mentioned your body has no insulin response to healthy fat, however, a diet high in carbs produces excessive insulin.
A diet high in healthy fat will help prevent hormonal imbalance because you are not producing excessive insulin every time you eat. Eating a high-fat, low-carb diet to reduce insulin production is a major component to becoming Primal. A high-carb, high-insulin producing diet, will cause an unhealthy production of fight or flight stress hormones. The cortisol produced during this stress response can cause fat storage, muscle catabolism, and inflammation.
I believe when you find a perfect balance with your hormones, you can achieve optimal body composition. Moderating insulin production and preventing excessive cortisol production is a major piece of the puzzle.
Once you start eating more healthy fat, it will be effortless to stop eating sugar, grains, and excess carbs. Introducing a high-fat, low-carb diet will moderate your insulin production and you will most likely notice the following:
- you will be able to perform activity for several hours in the am without feeling hungry
- you will enjoy stable energy levels all day long
- you will stop craving carbs and sugar
- you will experience improved performance
- you will lose fat
When you stop counting calories, you will feel free to enjoy more healthy fat. A diet high in healthy fat and low in carbs will help reduce your insulin production and promote hormonal balance!
A Primal Lifestyle helps to balance hormones. Here are a few Primal Lifestyle laws from the Primal Blueprint:
- Eat plants and animals: A high-fat, low-carb diet
- Lift Heavy Things | Sprint Once in a While: Brief, intense workouts with Body Weight
- Move frequently at a slow pace: Low-medium intensity aerobic exercise at longer durations
- Get Adequate Sleep: Your circadian rhythm will increase melatonin at night and serotonin in the morning.
- Get Adequate Sunlight: Vitamin D is a hormone you need to regulate growth in every cell of your body.
How about doing a 5 Minute Workout?
(Videos are only displayed by viewing the article on our site…On a smartphone? You might need to click the video twice)
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am not a doctor or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.