May is the perfect time of year to get fit for summer and create healthy lifestyle habits.
We have created the “Walk Every Day In May Challenge” to help you improve your health and get fit for summer. Being active daily should be a priority if you want to live a healthy life. Not just a few times a week. You also don’t have to do an hour of cardio or be on a piece of cardio equipment to get physically fit. I walk daily with my husband in our hilly neighborhood and sprint a few times a week outside on a hill, flat ground, the treadmill or the stairs. Fitness should be fun and enjoyable! Besides increasing mobility and endurance in my legs, I am improving my ability to burn fat as fuel. My daily walk has improved the quality of my life by allowing me to connect with my husband while I disconnect with the computer and work.
After completing this challenge, you will be energized and feeling good about yourself for creating a healthy lifestyle habit!
What you need to do:
1. Walk a mile every day in May. Try to do a mile or more around your neighborhood. It should only take you 15-20 mins/mile depending on how fast you walk or if you are walking on an incline or flat ground. Here are some tips:
- Take the stairs and time it. Try to do a total of 15-20 mins a day. You can break it up and keep track of your time.
- Make a date with a neighbor to walk before or after work every day for 15-20 mins.
- Plan a walk and talk meeting around the block with a coworker.
- Use your lunch break to take a 15-20 minute walk.
- Keep in mind that once you make this a daily habit (in 21 days), it will be hard to imagine your life without it!
3. Share Your Experience on Instagram and tag us! @imfitandhappy
Pay attention to your surroundings and post a picture of what you see or take a selfie on your walk!
Make sure you follow us on Instagram: @imfitandhappy
HASHTAG: #walkeverydayinmay and #imfitandhappy
- Create a Healthy Lifestyle Habit
- Kickstart Your Fitness Routine
- Gain Energy Through Movement
- Improve The Quality Of Your Life
- Get Fit For Summer!
Share our Walk Every Day In May Challenge with your friends and family via email and social media. We have challenges every month, get them involved! We want to help as many people as we can to get Fit & Happy.
How about doing a 5 Minute Workout?
(Videos are only displayed by viewing the article on our site…On a smartphone? You might need to click the video twice)
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am not a doctor or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.