August Push-Up Challenge:
Pushups are one of the best exercises because they work all areas of your body all at the same time. You work big muscle groups as well as small ones. You strengthen your core and get your heart rate up all while toning your whole body. Sometimes when we feel tired, have low energy, or don’t have motivation to exercise, all we really need to do is get moving! Getting circulation going and getting your heart rate up WILL wake your body up, give you energy, and most likely boost your mood! Participating in the Push-Up Challenge will promote being active, increase your energy, and help you feel more positive in August! You may even love it so much you incorporate push-ups into your regular workout routine after August is over!
What you need to do: Perform 3 sets of 25 pushups twice a week
Tips for your Push-Up Challenge:
- If you are a beginner at Push-ups, start on your knees or up against a kitchen counter.
- A more advanced option: Perform with straight legs.
- Take breaks if you need them. You just have to complete 3 sets of 25 push-ups, you don’t have to do 25 push-ups in a row.
- Make sure you keep your head up in line with your spine.. no bobbing for apples!
- Don’t let your back arch, keep your pelvis slightly tucked enough to pull your abs in to support your spine.
- Keep your shoulders over your hands. You can take your hands wider than your shoulders.
- Inhale on the way down, exhale on the way up while pulling your stomach into your spine.
- Try to squeeze your butt to help keep your pelvis from tilting forward and arching your back.
(Beginner/Intermediate on the knees, Intermediate/Advanced with straight legs)
Share our August Push-up Challenge with your friends and family via email and social media. We have challenges every month, get them involved! We want to help as many people as we can to get Fit & Happy.
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am not a doctor or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.