I’m Fit & Happy believes in creating healthy habits!
Studies show it takes 21 days to be successful in creating healthy habits and the best way to set yourself up for success is to try to focus on one healthy habit at a time. For 21 days, stay away from the sodas, the sugar loaded sports drinks/juices, and all alcohol. Give it a try for 21 days and see how you feel! Participating in our September Challenge will promote health, improve your skin, increase your energy and help you remove toxins! You may even love it so much you ban sodas, sports drinks, and juices from your diet after the challenge is over!
When I was in college, I used to drink diet cokes. I even loved to drink iced tea with sweet and low! Now, educated in Nutrition and certified as a Primal Health Coach, I can’t even imagine taking one sip of either. They are both loaded with artificial sweeteners and chemicals not made for our bodies. Sports drinks and juices are loaded with sugar and are totally unnecessary.
Practice intuitive drinking. Keep water with you and drink it throughout the day. Don’t chug your water. Drinking too much water can cause more harm than good. When you drink too much water, you can dilute your body from minerals and electrolytes by drinking too much plain water.
Here are 3 tips for hydrating your body:
- After a long sweat session or if you ever feel dehydrated, swap out the sports drink for 8 ounces of water with a 1/4 teaspoon of either pink himalayan salt or celtic sea salt. You can get tons of minerals and electrolytes when you add natural salt to filtered water.
- Hydration plays an important role in energy and concentration. It is a good idea to start your morning off with a glass of water. This will help you start the day fresh with the ability to focus on your daily tasks.
- Practice intuitive drinking throughout the day by keeping a water bottle on hand and drinking from it when you are thirsty.
- If you are craving a soda, sweet beverage, or even some wine at night, try to swap it out with sparking mineral water and add some lemon or lime for flavor!
September Challenge | Creating Healthy Habits
- Skip the sodas, sports drinks, alcohol, and juices for at least 21 days in September. Drink water throughout the day instead.
- Share our September Challenge | Creating Healthy Habits with your friends and family via email and social media. We have challenges every month, get them involved! We want to help as many people as we can to get Fit & Happy.
How about doing a 5 Minute Workout?
(Videos are only displayed by viewing the article on our site…On a smartphone? You might need to click the video twice)
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am not a doctor or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.