Welcome to I’m Fit & Happy’s: Booty Blast Challenge Workout Video Series
I’m Fit & Happy has a series of 5, 5 minute workout videos for the Booty Blast Challenge. These workouts were designed to firm, lift and tone your glutes with a dedication of 7 days a week for 5 weeks!
Series 1/5: Hip Thrust
Perform the following workout 7 days this week. It will only take 5 minutes!
Booty Blast Challenge Workout Video Series: 1
To view the video, click on the image below (from your phone or tablet, touch click twice)
If you are viewing this article from our Newsletter, you may need to click “read in browser” at the bottom of the Newsletter to see the video.
Booty Blast Challenge Workout Video Series 1 Description:
- On your back: lay on your back with your legs bent and feet wider than hip width apart on your mat. Press your hips up, keeping your body weight in your feet and mid/ upper back.
- Keep your core engaged to prevent arching your back.
- Keep your glutes as tight as you can and focus on achieving full hip extension.
- Pulse your hips up in a small range of motion for 32 reps
- Then slow it down and increase your range of motion by lowering your hips close to the ground and pressing your hips all the way up to full hip extension for 16 reps.
- Hold your hips up at full hip extension for 20 seconds. Squeeze your glutes as tight as you can!
- Abduct the knees by pressing them out. Pulse them out keeping the hips lifted for 32 reps.
- Turn the knees and toes out and pulse the hips up for 32 reps.
- Turn the knee and toes parallel and roll down the spine. Tuck the pelvis and roll down and back up the spine one vertebra at a time for 20 seconds.
- Pulse the hips up at the top of the movement for 32 reps.
- Hold the hips up and squeeze for the last 10 seconds.
- Rest weights on your hips to make this more challenging.
- Crank up the music for added motivation and fun!
- You can do series 1 of the Booty Blast Challenge 7 days this week.
Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor and have it cleared before beginning any new exercise or diet program. I am in no way a doctor or registered dietician, my blog is opinion based and I do not claim to diagnose, treat, or cure any cause, condition or disease. All information provided is for informational purposes only; it is not medical advice and has not been approved by the FTC or FDA. Please always communicate with your doctor to make any decisions or changes regarding your health, as your doctor is the only one who knows what is right for you.